Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Pleasing Word of God (Jacob 3)



Jacob continues speaking to the Nephites in chapter 3, at least those Nephites who stayed to hear him after getting their butts chewed so badly in chapter 2.  I'd like to think I'd be one of the ones who stayed, despite the hard truth from Jacob the Ripper.  On a lighter note....

Jacob 3: 2
Who are the "pure in heart"?  Seems a little lofty for the likes of me.  How 'bout you?  Well, let's all cut ourselves a little slack.  My arteries may be filled with cholesterol, but I certainly don't want to sin and be out of favor with The Lord.  My desire is to be good, do good, and always be able to receive the pleasing word of God.  That doesn't mean I'm always good, or always do good, or never sin.  When I voluntarily step out of the light into the dark, I don't like it, I'm not comfortable, and my desire to get back into the light is strong.  So, I repent.  And repent again.  And repent again.  You get the picture.  So, maybe I'm one of the pure in heart.  Maybe.  Anywayz...

And what about this "if their minds are firm" stuff?  My mind can be pretty soft at times.  "Firm" brings to my mind a strict parent or something.  Like, "he's firm, but he's fare."  But, I guess that is kind of what Jacob means.  Unbending, unmovable, resolute.


Jacob 3: 1-2
That's some pretty good promises. So, all I gotta do is be pure in heart, look to God with a firm mind and pray with exceeding faith (that's the blue stuff).  I'll give it a try.  It sure would be nice to feast upon His love forever, not to mention having God console me in my afflictions, plead my cause and bring down justice on those jerks who seek my destruction, whoever that is (that's the purple stuff).


So, I'm gonna leave it there for this chapter.  You can read the rest of Jacob 3 if you'd like.  I hope you're having a wonderful day.  I hope your mind is firm.  I hope you are able to feast on God's love for you, because He surely does.

Peace be with you...

1 comment: