Welcome to 2 Nephi 19 (Compare Isaiah 9). In this chapter, Isaiah speaks Messianically. What does Messianically mean? The Blogger program that I'm writing this with uses a little, red, squiggley line to say that Messianically ain't a word (and ain't is?).
I'm not 100% sure what Messianically means, really. Isaiah is either speaking as The Savior, to The Savior, about The Savior, or maybe a combination of these and other tricky Isaiah-type things.
Messianic [ˌmɛsɪˈænɪk]adjOh, OK. That makes more sense. Let's just look at a few verses and hope it works out...
1. (Christian Religious Writings / Bible) (sometimes capital) Biblea. of or relating to the Messiah, his awaited deliverance of the Jews, or the new age of peace expected to follow thisb. of or relating to Jesus Christ or the salvation believed to have been brought by him
Darkness into Light
|My parents' house, looking from the kitchen toward the living room. About 2005.|
|From living room toward kitchen, with brother Irch, 2006.|
2. The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.So, here we have Israel living in darkness. In other words, living under the burden of oppression. Darkness can come from sources outside of our control, but also from our own choices. Living in sin is living in darkness.
3. Thou hast multiplied the nation, and increased the joy -they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
4. For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor.
In 2008 I remodeled the house. So much difference.
|From the kitchen into the living room in 2008.|
|From living room toward the kitchen, 2008.|
Whether we are in darkness because of our own actions or because we were acted upon, the remedy is the same. It is the unspeakable gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
2 Nephi 19: 6
6. For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His Name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
A big part of my testimony of The Savior had its beginnings in listening to Motab sing this song. I got the cassette tape from my parents when I graduated from my high school seminary program. It still gives me chills.
3 More things, or maybe 1 more.
2 Nephi 19: 12
12. ...For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.2 Nephi 19: 17
17. ...For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.2 Nephi 19: 21
21. ...For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.
The Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ gives light to a dark world. No matter what has made your world dark, remodel that house of yours, and let the Son shine in.
Peace be with you...